Tricia Dishes

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th


Good morning!! I have some really good news this morning - David actually feels pretty good!!! The doctor visit yesterday was very long, very exhausting, but he had an in depth conversation with the doctor, without me in the room, and they came to a compromise about his treatment. First off, he explained how we were very apprehensive about the very high dosage of a drug that made him so very sick, and Dr. G understood and is starting him out on a much lower dose. And he decided not to give the "loading dose" of Erbitux (it takes 6 hours), but just a regular dose since he has been on it before. Also, David will have this every week. They gave him a drip of an anti nausea drug, PLUS we got a prescription for an oral drug that he takes for three day after chemo. Luckily we have insurance - it basically is $100 PER PILL!! We paid our $30 copay for the three pills, and hopefully the cancer clinic will have some samples that they can give us once in a while. Last night David was very washed out and drained, but today he feels pretty good and wants to go somewhere to get some breakfast!! We have no eggs, no bread, no juice, so we will be having to go to the store today, too, obviously. He is on short term disability for about a month, and hopefully during that time he will gain his strength back and we can start to see a turnaround in his energy level and tests. I won't go into the details, but the doctor thinks that with treatment, and if it works, David won't be leaving us any time soon.

And that is why Friday the 13th is going to be a great day!!!!!! Everyone, be careful and have a great day yourself!!!! Oh, and I cannot say enough how grateful I am to Linda for being there for us yesterday!! I love you, Linda!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, April 13, 2007, Blogger Crescent said…

    I hope this isn't creepy sounding but I know Erica from Impress These Apes and adore her. I found your blog on fuzzy's blog and well that's why I'm here. I hope that's not instrusive and weird, but Erica can vouch for me...I hope. I just wanted to let you know that you all have been in my prayers a lot lately and I'm so glad to read this good news. I'll continue to send good vibes.

    Take care,
    Crescent (NOT a blog stalker...I swear)

     
  • At Friday, April 13, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    I know who you are and I am glad that you posted!! Thanks for your good vibes - we're feeling them!!!!! I feel like I personally know you after watching the Impress These Apes videos, so you don't need vouching for!!!!!! Thanks for reading!!!

     
  • At Saturday, April 14, 2007, Blogger Pam said…

    Hey Girl! Thank goodness for smaller doses, insurance, sisters, and time!! We don't have to look very far to find our blessings, do we?! Glad we got to talk and soooo happy to hear David is feeling better today..Please keep writing..you have no idea how many of us read this!! I'm sending up many prayers for you two (along with everyone at my church!!). Talk to you soon..much love..Pam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home