Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Six weird things about me....


Kate O. tagged me to put six weird things about me on my blog. I, unfortunately, do not have her cute artwork to go along with my weird things! But I do have pictures of cats!!!!! And speaking of cats, wasn't that pic with all the cats in the tree pretty great? I mean, what got them all up there? Did someone spray it with catnip, or were the birds enticing them up there and then flying off? Probably the birds - they can be such bastards!

Six weird things about me:
1. I really wring my hands a lot, not just during stress (although, when has there NOT been stress lately??). It really feels good, though, so I will keep doing it.
2. I do tap my teeth. I don't know why, I just do.
3. When I eat bananas, I have to completely take the peel off, then pull those little banana strings off, and then I eat the sides in sections. David thinks its weird.
4. If a Stargate SG-1 is on, I'm sorry, I am drawn in like a bug to a light bulb. There is something so very comforting in that show. I can turn off a Star Trek without any problem, although the show Enterprise on Mondays on Sci Fi has been sucking me in, too. I loves me some sci-fi.
5. If I get to drink any Dr. Pepper, I will go out of my way to try to get some more. I had one yesterday, and believe you me, I am plotting to get another one at lunch today!!! Resistance is futile!!! Hmmm. Isn't that a Star Trek comment?
6. And this is something that I am sure no one knows about me - I LOVE CATS!!!! Yes, I admit it. I love cats. Oh wait, , you already knew that? Okay, one more weird thing. I hate to sweat. I really do. I would love to move to a place where the humidity would be low and even in warm weather you could actually go outside and not melt down. This morning, after I put the dogs out (YAY dog yard for Goober!!), which has been over an hour ago, I am STILL sweating! It is supposed to storm so the humidity is up, but dang it, I cannot cool off. So, hating to sweat and living in Mississippi - that's weird.
7. Bonus weird thing - I really hate toenails. I would just be so happy if they didn't exist. Seriously, I don't like them.
8. Bonus, bonus thing about me - I canNOT eat cake and ice cream without mixing it together. I have gotten some strange looks over the years for this, but those that know me KNOW I am going to do this and have gotten used to it. My father, when I was growing up, used to say that it looked horrible and stop it and all of those fatherly things, but I guess even he got used to it because he finally quit saying something about it before I left home. And Schwan actually had a confetti cake ice cream, which had cake, icing, and sprinkles mixed into vanilla ice cream. I used to buy it all the time, but fifty extra pounds later, I had to stop! And now we don't even have a Schwan man, so that makes it really easy to not buy it anymore!! But man oh man, is it good! If you do have Schwan, you should try it, it is really really good. I could sure go for a big bowl of it and a cold Dr. Pepper right now, with a peeled banana, toenail clippers, and a cat sitting by me. Oh, and Stargate playing in the background, too - what a perfect day THAT would be!!!!!
And that concludes this portion of blogging today. Chemo is soon and I need to go WASH THE SWEAT OFF OF ME!! Seriously, in the summer, it is nothing for me to bathe three times a day. I cannot sleep if I have been sweating during the day. Weird. And wasteful. I hope that the excitement of learning six things about me won't keep you from your regularly scheduled activities today.
Later.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home