Tricia Dishes

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hello out there in blogger land!

What a week, what a week! it is hard to believe that my birthday was just four days ago - it seems like it was 4 months ago!! Jean has been here this week for the birthday celebration and we have had a lot of fun, eating, eating some more, and then just basically, you guessed it, eating. It has really been good for me for her to be here, to be able to talk to someone, and I could feel my spirits starting to lift after she had been here a couple of days. It has really taken my mind off of the CT scan that David had today, of which I was absolutely almost paralyzed with fear. So, the results.
As Dr. Graham said, he was disappointed, but not discouraged. There are no more growths, but the ones that were already there have grown, a couple of them, considerably. BUT, there is a new chemo drug that has just been approved and David will start it next week. The doctor was walking out the door and I reminded him that David had already beaten the odds and he turned around and smiled and said that it was remarkable. Isn't that nice? So, while the results could have been better, they sure could have been a whole lot worse!!! We're in it to win it!!! Now, maybe I won't be having such crushing stomach pain for a couple of months. The next scan is May 10, so I expect it will be back a couple of weeks before that, but in the meantime, I hope I can stay calm. Like I said, having Jean here has helped tremendously. She leaves on Saturday and I hate that, but her dad and her dog need her and she needs them. And I am going to try to keep getting out and getting my mind off of things. That will help.
I will be getting a cat trap this weekend to try to catch these feral cats that are howling around the neighborhood. They aren't as bad as they were the other day, and I love me some kitties, but these tomcats are wreaking havoc with my good little cats and marking their territory EVERYWHERE!!! If I can catch the female who has attracted all of these admirers, the toms will probably go away. Shoot, I halfway expect Pepe LePew to come around with his "ack acks of love"!!!!!
Okay, that is all for now. It was so beautiful yesterday, 71 degrees, now it is very cold and will be cold all weekend. I would love it to be 75 all year round. It sure would save on utility bills.
Have a great day!!

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    So glad to hear that the CT scan results were tolerable. I wish I could be over there with you and Jean every day. I hate school! I want to retire sooooo bad! But, since I have bills, I better stay with my job. I hope you catch the cats, too. Although, I haven't heard the meowing in a day or two. Probably because it has been warmer, huh? Take care and let me hear from you soon. How about you and David eating lunch with Daddy and me on Sunday? Meatloaf, mashed taters, and fried corn with banana pudding squares for dessert. Let me know. Love you, Cheryl

     
  • At Friday, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TRISHA, I WAS GLAD TO HEAR THE SCAN NEWS. AND IM GLAD JEAN HAS BEEN THERE FOR YOU !! IT IS FREAKING COLD UP HERE SO WHAT LITTLE SNOW (3") VEVAY GOT IS NOT MELTING...I KNOW ERICA HAS REAL SNOW LEVELS BUT THIS MISSISSIPPI GIRL IS STILL NOT COMPLETELY USED TO HAVING TO GO TO WORK WHEN IT SNOWS...
    AND TELL CHERYL TO SAVE ME A PLATE OF SUNDAY LUNCH!!! HAHAHA OR AT LEAST GIVE ME HER FRIED CORN RECIPE.
    LOVE TO ALL
    SUSAN
    P.S. HEARD FROM JOEY-HE IS DOING FINE, ASKED ME TO SEND SNACKS!!! AND JAMIE GOT HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE-SO ANYONE IN THE VEVAY, INDIANA, AREA-WATCH OUT!!!!
    S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home