Tricia Dishes

Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day!



Okay, these are NOT pictures of a groundhog on fire. The groundhog is predicting an early spring this year. As I mentioned to Erica in an email, I have mixed emotions about that because we only have a couple of days of spring, then it is 90 plus degrees and I am not ready for that yet. We'll just have to wait and see!
The pictures above are of barges burning on the river last night. Apparently one hit the Mississippi River Bridge and then burst into flames, then hit two more barges and they caught on fire. I wanted to ride up and look, since we live so close, but David didn't feel like it, plus they probably did have the whole area closed off to keep people just like me from being in the way!! Luckily, no one was killed or injured, which is amazing, but you know that the first barge's owner is chin deep in lawyers and insurance companies today!! I smell a big lawsuit coming from this incident! Norma is taking me to lunch today to celebrate my birthday, because we are all going to be watching the Super Bowl on my actual birthday. I need to do some more cleaning before tomorrow when Jean is coming in. We are going to the airport to get her in the late morning and then just shlepp around Jackson for the rest of the afternoon. I have a couple of birthday coupons that I can cash in for free stuff!!
AND, tomorrow is Fuzzy's birthday!! They have shows tomorrow night but apparently a bunch of the friends are getting together afterwards to celebrate his big day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FUZZY!!!!!
And Happy Birthday tomorrow to Susannah, in Texas. She and I are the same age, so she is a young woman!!!! Have a great day, Susannah!!!
February is a great month. My birthday, Katie's mother's birthday, Fuzzy's mother's birthday! I think that is pretty neat, all of us moms connected by our kids. And to celebrate our birthstone, I am reading a book AMETHYST DREAMS! Coincidence? I think not!!
Enough already!!! Have a great day!!!
P. S. These photos were taken by Paul Ingram. Now, Paul and I went to school together from day one. He is now a successful businessman here in Vicksburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home