Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

ANOTHER update on the hanging wire


So, I am sitting back here at the computer at 9:30 when I hear my doorbell ring. It is my neighbor, Dessie, saying that there is a wire hanging and there are bags on it. I told her yes, we put the bags there to alert the traffic, and she said she had called 911. So, we're standing out there and a police car drives by. Just drives right on by. A few minutes later, here comes another police car, so Dessie flagged him down. Well, here comes the first one and they park at the top of the street with their blue lights flashing, RIGHT next to my other neighbors, the ones that go to bed at dark. Dessie leaves and I come in to tell David, who is not feeling well from having chemo this morning and working way too hard this afternoon, and he is on the phone with his mother when he gets a beep. It's Cheryl, across the street. Now Cheryl reads this blog so she figured what it was about but she wanted to make sure that was all it was about! Thanks, Cheryl!!! When I walk back out, though, there was Marian, wanting to know if everything is all right. Thanks, Marian!!! And then here comes Matt from across the street with a couple of his friends!! I asked the cops if they could turn off the blue lights, because it was late and they did. All the neighbors went back home, then, so we stood outside talking about calling "the new AT&T" and their superior customer service when ANOTHER cop came up. This was an older guy who told the younger one that if I called Bellsouth this afternoon, they sure weren't coming out tonight!! One of the younger cops kept looking at the line and then said it was a really good idea about hanging those bags up on the wire. Kudos to David Reid!! Then the older one said that the birds were going to be pecking at them tomorrow because he could see bird seed in it, and I told him that it was dirt from under the bird feeder, but that there were "cat deposits" in it, more than likely, too. He laughed and said let "the new AT&T" take care of it!!! They were all extremely nice and added some non-life threatening excitement to our little piece of the earth tonight!!!

So much for me going to bed early!!! David is feeling a little better but he is still running a fever, which I don't like. He is going to call the nurse tomorrow. I will, of course, keep you posted.

Night!!!

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 01, 2007, Blogger Marian said…

    Dear Neighbor...did not know all of this was going on yesterday...the bags worked OK...but we had some hunter orange flagging or even my hunting vest we could have hung up. If it happens again (pray that it want) let me know and we will hang the ORANGE!!! OK? Marian

     
  • At Thursday, March 01, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    That would be great, but yes, I hope we don't have to deal with it again! Of course, I hope our houses don't blow away in this 80mph wind gusts!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home