Tricia Dishes

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday morning - PIGFEST day

Good Saturday morning, everyone. Hold on, I have to get coffee....
Good Saturday morning, everyone, I now have coffee!! Anyway, yesterday, the 3 to 5 inches of rain that had been forecast did not come to pass, luckily! It was all dark and cloudy, I went out to feed the dogs/cats and there was a sliver of blue sky. I knew then that we were in the clear, for now. Within an hour, it was absolutely gorgeous, beautiful October sky, breezy, just lovely! I am so hoping to report that next week, the roofers are here and putting on the new roof!! Last night, the "breeze" was blowing about 30mph out of the north so it was quite a challenging walk, that David and I took. The wind chimes in the neighborhood, including those that we really want to get, were almost drowned out by the sound of the wind in the trees, but we stood very still and finally heard them. We have GOT to find them. It would have been a perfect Halloween night!! Watch it rain Tuesday!
Around 10:30, a knock at the door signalled the arrival of Jean!!! She looks great!! She was so perky and we stayed up and talked until after midnight, but David and I just had to call it a night. I am sure she probably didn't have to be rocked to sleep, after that long drive, but dang, she seemed like she could have gotten in the car and kept driving!!!! I'm exhausted after going to Jackson!! We are going to Pigfest today in Lousiana (about 30 minutes away). It is apparently a very big deal, with official invitations that you HAVE TO HAVE to get in the door! A few weeks ago, we were at the coffee shop and there were these three men in there that turned out to be people David knew when he sold two-way radios in Lousiana. They told us about Pigfest (they are the originators) and sure enough, we got an invitation. We have seen one of them in Walmart within the last couple of weeks and he really wants us to come, so, armed with garlic cheese grits, we will get there mid-afternoon. This thing has been going since yesterday!! And there is live music tonight, so this promises to be a lot of fun. I will certainly let you know!!
Everyone needs to go check out Fuzzyco.com. They have posted the cutest pictures of Parker, Mustapha, and Latte. They have on costumes, y'all!! COSTUMES!!!!! I can't even begin to think of putting costumes on my cats!! P., M., and L., look like they have been wearing clothes their whole lives, though!! So, check it out. Cuteness.
Well, everyone have a great day. And remember these immortal words:

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "oh my it's getting late!
The second one said, "there are witches in the air!
The third one said, "but we don't care.
The fourth one said, "let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"
OOOH, went the wind and OUT went the light,
and the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!!

I have sung that song to my kids every Halloween. I love it!! I had to share it with you!! I guess, if you don't know it, you will just have to guess at the tune!!!!!

Later,
tricia

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 29, 2006, Blogger baldman76 said…

    There are many books illustrating Five Little Pumpkins in our library system. I was thinking of reading one for storytime if it's available. Keepin' it real.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home