Tricia Dishes

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Family Reunion Time!

Unbelievably, this year's family reunion has come and gone. It was a blustery day, but that didn't stop the frisbee golf game that is an annual event at the reunion. And of course, Kyle won, with Dusty one stroke behind him. One day, someone will take him down, but until then, he remains the champ! And he has a new baby due any second. Looking at Melissa, I cannot imagine how she traveled from Hattiesburg with those two kids, spending several hours outside with them, and then traveling back home. I would not be surprised to hear that we have a new niece or nephew tomorrow!! And then Barry and Jennifer's daughter, Carolyn, is due in two weeks. There were lots of little kids there, too, some I knew, some I didn't. The food was wonderful, as usual, and my broccoli cornbread, corn/tomato/okra concoction, and fiber muffins seemed to have been a modest success.
I got to talk to people I haven't talked to in a while, which was very enjoyable. Pam and I got to have a long conversation sitting outside on a bench. Her sons were on hand, very handsome, very grown!! I hope that I didn't repeat too many things when I was talking to everybody, too. Forgive me if you had to hear a story more than once!!! I just was in a talkative mood!!!!!
Anyway, Pam, make that appointment this week!!! You will be glad that you did!!
I talked to Pam's brother, Brad, for the first time in about three years and he was telling me how he and his wife had a huge garden and that they very rarely buy anything from the store. She just put up 50 jars of tomatoes!! Impressive!!!! Tanya, their sister, and her husband, Steve, left fairly early this afternoon to head to Gatlinburg. They are always fun to talk to, also. And of course, David's siblings were there, and it is always good to visit with Susan. Her son Jamie will be 18 in a couple of weeks!! Happy birthday, Jamie! And Brad's daughter, Jaime, will be 30 tomorrow and didn't want too many people to know about it. Her grandfather said that she would be getting AARP soon! Melissa, Kyle's extremely pregnant wife, has a birthday this Thursday. She may be having a baby on Thursday!! Anyway, I want to wish her a happy birthday, also. Carl's family was there, and Cameron, Emily, and Austin are just so cute and grown!! Unreal!!!The parents, Norma, Cecil, and Jo, all had a wonderful time, I believe. Not every one can come to every reunion - distance, illness, military service keep some away, but thankfully, and I hope I don't jinx this, no one has "left us" permanently. I sincerely hope that that doesn't happen anytime soon! We all left around 5:30 and on the way home, I asked David how many reunions there had been. He didn't know. I had such deja vu driving home, though, and do find it hard to believe that another one has come and gone. Knowing Norma and Cecil, they will be paying the deposit on the place tomorrow for next year!!! God willing, we will be there!!!
So, that is all for now. Everyone at the reunion, I so enjoyed our visiting! I do want to get together more than once a year, though!! Maybe we can work something out, maybe get together for a meal or something. That would be so much fun!
Well, time to bring in the dawgs. God forbid they get sprinkled on!!
Night!
tricia

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Pam said…

    Wow.. you are certainly on the ball! I am a day late in my comments! :) It was a great reunion..Smith/Reids know how to do it right! I enjoyed seeing everyone so much and really enjoyed our long talk on the bench..David, you look fabulous..it was so good to talk to you too..Exactly where IS that crazy sickness hiding??(cos it sure isn't showing!)~ Thanks for the compliments on the boys..they are so good to me..Jenna had a ball!! She fit right in! I guess now that she has attended a reunion, she is officially IN!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home