Tricia Dishes

Friday, October 13, 2006

Beautiful Friday the 13th!!!

Good morning, everyone! I hope that your Friday the 13th is going absolutely wonderfully!!! It is so cool and the sky is gorgeous, the leaves are gorgeous, my cats and dogs are gorgeous, just a great day!!
So, last night we went to hear Kenny play at the coffee shop. We were the first ones there! It wasn't even open yet, and while we were sitting there, Kenny and his family drove by. Angie came rushing in to open up the shop and Kenny started setting up to play. We found out that today is Angie's last day at the coffee shop! We were stunned!!! Apparently this is something that has been on her mind for a while and she told Daniel last week. A young man is now the manager and I met him last night. We are going to stop in this afternoon to say goodbye and to pay our tab!!! But, good luck, Angie, in whatever you choose to do, but know that we will miss you!
Okay, back to last night - today is Kenny's birthday, so I wished him happy birthday and he was like, I will be 54, can you believe that? I said, no, Kenny, you will be 53 and he said no, 54!! I reminded him that he was four months older than me and I will not be 54 on February 4, but he insisted that he was right! So, we asked him what year he was born - 1953, I will be 54!!! We told him that no, that makes him 53 and he was so perplexed. Then his wife came in and said yes, he is telling everyone he will 54 and she keeps trying to tell him he will be 53!!! Daniel walked by and I told him that Kenny thought he was a year older than he was, and he just shook his head. So, later on, when Daniel was making a few remarks (he did NOT play drums last night), he said for everyone to wish Kenny a happy birthday and that he was TWO years younger than him and he was 55 so do the math!!! Kenny was now very perplexed!!! I hugged him when we were leaving and told him that he had actually gained a year now!!!! And Kenny's beautiful 22 year old daughter was there, along with his 7 year old son, Dawson. Someone yelled for Kenny to keep playing and Dawson, in his cute 7 year old voice, said "Kenny is my dad!!"!! And apparently, Dawson thought that Kenny had his harmonica, and Tammy, Kenny's wife, had to go get him from the "stage" because Dawson wanted his harmonica back!!! I just love all of those Boones!!!!! So, this is a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" shout out to FIFTY THREE YEAR OLD Kenny Boone!!!! May there be many more!!!
David had to go to Natchez today, but hopefully he will be back soon. I don't think we are going to go to the fair after all. If we had picked up E and F from the airport, then yeah, but we don't ride rides, David can't eat all the junk that he used to eat, it costs a lot of money, and actually, it is the "idea" of the fair that appealed to us, so we are just going to hang in Vicksburg tomorrow. It will be nice weather so we can go downtown and walk around (gotothecoffeeshop)and will spend far less money than if we go to Jackson. And the reunion is Sunday in Jackson, so with gas prices the way they are here in Vicksburg, it would be prudent to just make one trip this weekend. It will be enjoyable wherever we are!
By the way, I LOVE getting comments by my blog readers. I eagerly check to see if someone has left me one every day, but alas, I get very few. SO, hint, hint, hint, I would love it if you would drop in and say "hi"! Go ahead, make my day!!!
Also, if anyone calls my home phone, do not be alarmed at what you will hear on our answering machine. After all, think of what season this is!
Okay, that is all for now,
tricia

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 13, 2006, Blogger pinsandneedles said…

    Hey, I fully well understand the age confusion thing. All last year I thought I was a year older than I really was. And at my age, that's a shame. Anyway, I get to relive last years age all over again this year but I can't help but think I missed out on a year somewhere. Did I miss anything? Probably not.

     
  • At Friday, October 13, 2006, Blogger baldman76 said…

    Well, hello, there mom. I was just around the neighborhood and thought I'd say hello.

    And on December 30th, I will be 22 years old. Is that right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home