Tricia Dishes

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday morning

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..... Yes, it is gorgeous, although the heat index is creeping back up and is more in line with what we are used to seeing at this time of year. But we sure do get spoiled quickly when the temps go down and there is a little chill in the air. I walked Goober for about 20 minutes and that was over an hour ago and I am still sweating!! I expect her to start meowing though, anyday now, because I have figured out that she is using the litter boxes in the basement!!! Yay!! I know she eats the cat food. So, meowing is next.
When I came back in from walking her, David was sitting here playing solitaire, which surprised me since I had left him in the bed. Seems that he got a call from the monitor room in Vegas - we're going to Golden Moon today!!! I am going with him because he is pretty sure it is a quick fix and then we will go to an antique store in Canton that he is jonesing to visit. I want to go to William-Sonoma at Northpark and just touch the stuff I can never afford!!!! I think it will be a nice day.
OH, and Celia Rivenbark's new book, HOW NOT TO DRESS YOUR SIX-YEAR OLD LIKE A SKANK is out and I got mine yesterday and I have laughed and laughed at that crazy woman! I highly recommend it! I am ticked that she isn't coming to Lemuria this month as she had thought, but she will be in Birmingham in a couple of weeks. I would so like to go see her. Her other books are BLESS YOUR HEART, TRAMP and WE'RE JUST LIKE YOU, ONLY PRETTIER. You probably could get them in a library if you want to sample her writing style. Personally, I think she is hilarious!
We had a neighbor die yesterday. A quiet, nice man - you just never know. I am going to try to live in the moment and not constantly look ahead for everything. I mean, yes, I will still look ahead, but I am going to try to be better at enjoying what I am doing at this particular moment in time. Hence the trip to Golden Moon with David. Otherwise, I would just sit here and wait for him to come home. I'd rather get out and enjoy the day.
So, everyone, get out and enjoy your day also!!
Take care!!! Oh, and go to this website: www.skrebneskiphotographs.com.
Watch the montage and you will see why I want everyone to see this!
Later,
tricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home