Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tuesday morning

Good morning, all. I hope everything is well in your part of the world.
Update on David - he had his first Avastin treatment yesterday. Apparently there is a new study just out that says it is okay to greatly increase the dosage, so just about everyone at the Cancer Center is getting this increased dosage. It is about 50% more than he was getting, not double, as the doctor led us to believe. That is fine with me - Avastin raises blood pressure and the chance for heart attack and strokes! I was going to sit with him, but again, the chairs were filling up so I came home until he was finished. Let's hope that this treatment continues that cavitation that showed up on the scan, and causes the liver growth to do the same thing. I am so ready to kick this cancer to the curb.
On a good note, the wedding pictures are online! And if I do say so myself, I have got two good lookin' kids!! And they have married two more good lookin' kids!!!! And isn't my pants outfit pretty??? I am so glad that I went with that! I just love it!! The pics on the roof were great. I, myself, did not venture up there where the sun was microwaving everyone. I was slow cooking inside the loft! But I think all of the pictures are great. It will be hard to choose, I'm tellin' ya.
On another note, it is the kind of weather to just sit and read. In air conditioning!
My friend, Celia Rivenbark, has a new book out on September 5 called HOW NOT TO DRESS YOUR 6 YEAR OLD LIKE A SKANK. Celia WAS to be in Jackson AND Chicago in September, but the powers that be changed her schedule and now she will not be in either place. But I know it will be a highly entertaining book, so this is a plug for everyone to go get it. Her other two, BLESS YOUR HEART,TRAMP and WE'RE JUST LIKE YOU, ONLY PRETTIER are now both out in paperback. Fun reads.
On my health note, my pvc's have slowed down, but I just cannot get out and walk in this heat, so I feel that I will be 500 pounds by cooler weather! It is just unbearable! After D's treatment yesterday, we went to Cracker Barrel, of course, and it was even burning up in there. Quite interesting with all of the fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations up!! I wish we were independently wealthy and we could go somewhere for a few weeks, like say, Cape May, and just sit out on the beach, chillin' with Diana and Jim!!! One day, Diana, we will do just that!
Well, if anything happens exciting today, I will let y'all know, but I am kind of thinking it will be low-key, which is fine by me.
Take care!
tricia

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home