Tricia Dishes

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday, August 3

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!! One year closer to your own personal AARP membership!!!!!
We had some excitement last night. We were watching some stuff that we had TiVoed and took a little break to get food and all and the phone rings. It is about 9:15. I answered and it was my mother in law, begging us to come to her house because she was very sick and couldn't breathe. Now, I cannot see at night, so David was going to have to be the driver, so I ran outside and got the dogs in, threw Goober to David to walk her in the backyard, threw on some clothes in case we had to go to the emergency room, and got to Norma's house about 9:40. I did tell her that she really needs to move into our neighborhood, just for things like this! Anyway, she had fever close to 102 degrees. We got her calmed down, gave her some medicine and she got in the bed and we left. Today she is going to the doctor. I know where she got this - we were around so many people this weekend, plus the unbearable heat, and her immune system just couldn't take it! I hope that my mother doesn't get sick. And I myself, have some aching glands in my neck and a little tickle in my throat, but I am going to double up on some of my supplements and hopefully, that will be the end of it. My immune system is great, seriously, as is David's, so we should be okay.
I got an email from Mrs. Fuzzy Gerdes this morning. They are having a wonderful time and are moving to another spa place this evening. She sent me the link. I want to go there!!! It looks heavenly!!!! I am so glad that they are having a relaxing time.
Today is my doctor's appointment. They say that they are "triple booked" so I expect to still be waiting to see him this evening!!
Well, that is all for now. Since I have to mention weather, it is supposed to be 99 tomorrow. I am so tired of heat!!! And now we have "Chris", who I am not sure is a hurricane yet, heading toward the east coast. I am sure hoping that will be it for hurricanes this season, but I think that is just wishful thinking. It would be nice for our friends from the coast to come and stay for a few days, but they just got their house fixed from Katrina, so I don't want them to come here because they have to evacuate again!
I have another Chicago entry that I will post later on today. The next will be about friends, Erica's and ours. I know you will be sitting at the edge of your seat waiting for it!
tricia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home