Tricia Dishes

Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday

Well, here I am on my new dsl "thing". I do not know how to get my new email account going, I do not know how to find my favorites from aol, I do not know how to bookmark anything on bellsouth. So, bear with me if email or anything gets sent back to you. I'm going to have to learn what to do. I do know that this is faster than aol has ever been, so I think I will like that, and the fact that the phone can ring! I am hoping that things will get easier as I go. But I am not such a fan of "new" things, so I hope that it doesn't take too long for me to familiarize myself with all of the benefits. And what does dsl stand for?
So, this weekend. I got a stove. We bought a used, but very clean, 3 or 4 year stove and took out the dinosaur that we had been cooking on for almost seven years. David took the back off and saw that probably decades ago, someone had already bypassed some of the elements! No WONDER when I fixed a pan of rolls, one side would be burned and the other would be doughy!!! I mean, it was at least 52 years old!!!! And dang, WE'RE 52 and some of OUR elements don't work so great either!!!!!
How 'bout that Tiger Woods? I watched "at" that golf game yesterday. For some odd reason, I had fever! I was aching all over like I had the flu!! I thought I was just sore from helping David move the stoves (my joke was that I was "stove up". Southerners will get that!), but apparently, some evil bug had gotten into my bloodstream and put me under the weather! Speaking of weather, it is 100 degrees right now. That is just so wrong. I have been out today in the heat, wearing blue jeans! LORDY, it is hot!! I feel pretty good today, though.
My cat, Buffy, sees a fly in here. She is going to break something, I just know it. Oh well, one less dish to wash would be fine by me.
And of course, it just wouldn't be right for me not to mention the coffee shop. Yes, we hung out there Saturday afternoon. I just cannot express how much we enjoy that! Good friends, good atmosphere, good smoothie(ey?), good coffee. Love it!!
Have a great evening, all!
tricia

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEP-ONLY SOUTHERNER WILL GET THAT "STOVE UP" THING...I SAID THAT TO DON ONCE AND HE LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS FROM ANOTHER PLANET!!!
    SUSAN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home